Gallery: Hatfield speedway rider Mear through to World U21 semi-finals
HATFIELD speedway rider Robert Mear won the World Under-21 qualifying round at Rye House yesterday (Sunday). The 20-year-old former Onslow St Audrey s School pupil beat Australian Darcy Ward in a run-off for first place at his home track in Hoddesdon. For
HATFIELD speedway rider Robert Mear won the World Under-21 qualifying round at Rye House yesterday (Sunday).
The 20-year-old former Onslow St Audrey's School pupil beat Australian Darcy Ward in a run-off for first place at his home track in Hoddesdon.
Former British U21 champion and ex-Rye House Rockets favourite Tai Woffinden was third.
The result takes Rocket man Mear, who lives in Briars Lane, through to the semi-finals of the world U21 competition.
You may also want to watch:
He will ride next in either Hungary on June 20 or Sweden seven days later.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
1 Robert Mear (Great Britain)
2 Darcy Ward (Australia)
3 Tai Woffinden (Great Britain)