F1 2014 United States Grand Prix video: Lewis Hamilton takes a lap of the Circuit of the Americas
PUBLISHED: 12:58 29 October 2014 | UPDATED: 12:58 29 October 2014
Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton returns to the track this weekend for the 2014 United States Grand Prix at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.
Circuit of the Americas – the stats you need
* Race distance: 56 laps (308.405km/191.643 miles)
* Start time: 13:00 (local)/19:00 (GMT)
* Circuit length: 5.513km/3.426 miles
* 2013 winner: Sebastian Vettel
* 2013 pole: Sebastian Vettel
* Lap record: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull RB8) 1m39.347s (199.772km/h)
The 29-year-old Mercedes AMG Petronas racer from Hertfordshire currently leads the 2014 FIA World Drivers’ Championship from Silver Arrows colleague Nico Rosberg.
Hamilton, the 2008 F1 world champion, heads into Sunday’s race in America on the back of four successive wins.
In this Mercedes YouTube video, Hamilton guides us through a lap of the Circuit of the Americas – home to the 2014 US Grand Prix – in the Formula One simulator.