F1 2013 Chinese Grand Prix: Hamilton seventh in Shanghai practice
PUBLISHED: 09:38 12 April 2013 | UPDATED: 15:37 13 April 2013
Mercedes-Benz Formula 1
FORMULA 1 driver Lewis Hamilton was seventh fastest in second free practice for the 2013 Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai.
2013 Chinese Grand Prix stats
* Race distance: 56 laps (305.066km/189.568 miles)
* Start time: 15:00 (local)/07:00 (GMT)
* Circuit length: 5.451km/3.387 miles
* 2012 winner: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes W03) 56 laps in 1hr 36m 26.929s (189.778km/h)
* 2012 pole: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes W03) 1m 35.121s (206.301km/h)
* Lap record: Michael Schumacher (Ferrari F2004) 1m32.238s (212.749km/h)
After the Mercedes AMG Petronas duo of Nico Rosberg and Hertfordshire-born Hamilton set the pace in P1 this morning (Friday), it was Ferrari star Felipe Massa who topped the timesheets in the afternoon session.
Massa clocked a storming best lap of 1m 35.340s in P2 with Lotus ‘Iceman’ Kimi Raikkonen second quickest with a time of 1m 35.492.
Fernando Alonso was third for Ferrari with Rosberg – last year’s Chinese GP winner – P4 with a 1m 35.819s.
Former F1 world champion Hamilton was seventh on a 1m 36.496s in China behind Red Bull’s Mark Webber and McLaren star Jenson Button.
Sebastian Vettel was down in 10th place with the soft tyres causing many of the drivers problems.
In first practice, Rosberg went quickest with a 1m 36.717s while Hamilton was second on a 1m 37.171s.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.