Football fixtures decimated by freezing conditions
- Credit: Archant
The big freeze took its toll on football fixtures across the region over the weekend with the majority of games postponed.
Potters Bar Town saw their Southern League Division One Central clash with Egham Town at the Pakex Stadium fall foul of the conditions with the pitch deemed unsafe to play on.
It was the same story in the SSML Premier Division as Welwyn Garden City’s game at Herns Lane with Berkhamsted was postponed.
The only Premier Division match to go ahead saw leaders London Colney extend their advantage at the top.
They defeated bottom side FC Broxbourne Borough 4-0 with a brace from ex-WGC man Dave Parkinson and two for Jon Clements.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, the game at WGC’s Gosling Stadium between Hatfield Town and Risborough Rangers was called off as it was for Codicote against Arlesey Town Reserves at the John Clements Memorial Ground.
In the division’s only game to survive, leaders Biggleswade FC fell to a surprise 3-1 defeat at home to Southall.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 6 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 7 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 10 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
Hatfield Social, Knebworth, Cuffley, AFC Hatfield, FC Lemsford and Cuffley Reserves all had their Herts Senior County League matches postponed.
However, Lemsford FC did play their game at Baldock Town Reserves at The Arena in Baldock, see opposite for details.
The entire Welwyn Hatfield Sunday Football League fixture list was also wiped out.