Football fixtures decimated by freezing conditions
- Credit: Archant
The big freeze took its toll on football fixtures across the region over the weekend with the majority of games postponed.
Potters Bar Town saw their Southern League Division One Central clash with Egham Town at the Pakex Stadium fall foul of the conditions with the pitch deemed unsafe to play on.
It was the same story in the SSML Premier Division as Welwyn Garden City’s game at Herns Lane with Berkhamsted was postponed.
The only Premier Division match to go ahead saw leaders London Colney extend their advantage at the top.
They defeated bottom side FC Broxbourne Borough 4-0 with a brace from ex-WGC man Dave Parkinson and two for Jon Clements.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One, the game at WGC’s Gosling Stadium between Hatfield Town and Risborough Rangers was called off as it was for Codicote against Arlesey Town Reserves at the John Clements Memorial Ground.
In the division’s only game to survive, leaders Biggleswade FC fell to a surprise 3-1 defeat at home to Southall.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
Hatfield Social, Knebworth, Cuffley, AFC Hatfield, FC Lemsford and Cuffley Reserves all had their Herts Senior County League matches postponed.
However, Lemsford FC did play their game at Baldock Town Reserves at The Arena in Baldock, see opposite for details.
The entire Welwyn Hatfield Sunday Football League fixture list was also wiped out.