First Ultimate Football win of season for Ivory Toast
- Credit: Archant
In the Ultimate Football Welwyn Garden City Monday night Premiership, Ivory Toast took on Sam Dent’s Groovy Gang with both sides looking for their first victory of the season.
Toast, without skipper Callum McManus, didn’t have it all their own way, particularly in the first half, despite lifting the Premiership title only a matter of weeks ago.
Gang looked cohesively defensively and had a few opportunities to score, mainly through Josh Paine.
Nevertheless, after the half-time break, two goals from Matt Standen and one in-between from Ben Lamaison put the game beyond Gang’s reach.
A late resurgence from Dent’s side saw Daniel Winwood reduce the arrears as the game ended 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the Premiership, Rag Rovers picked up a win against The Old Guard with goals for Savas Caliskan, Ryan North, Nathan Studholme and Dean Sadler (two).
In the Championship, Welwyn 6’s remain unbeaten following a 7-2 win over Ashley Moss’ Colonel Getafe.
- 1 Hatfield House gives free passes to those in need
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Person on railway between Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar
- 4 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 5 From 'half-baked' to a New Town - did planners keep their promise to make Hatfield a 'pleasant land'?
- 6 Several keyless cars stolen from neighbourhood within 15 hour period
- 7 Two charged after more than 100 wraps of crack and heroin seized
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 See inside this beautiful Edwardian property fit for a multi-millionaire
- 10 Hatfield school appoints new headteacher
Reggie Ross hit a hat-trick for Welwyn while Daniel Armstrong, Jack Shelshar and Luke Radley and an own goal made it seven.
Moss got both goals for his team.
David Willis gave Blackpool a 1-0 half-time lead in their match with newly promoted Desert Shadow. Blackpool, who despite being without captain Steve Charles, were in complete control in the second half and added a further five goals to their tally. Willis scored two and was awarded man of the match.
In the Championship, Sons of Pitches also led 1-0 against UKA Dons at half-time, following a Shamus Rehman strike.
Stephen Olubajo scored Pitches’ second shortly after the break and fellow striker Chris Hood then netted twice before Michael Crentsil made it 5-0.
There was some positive play from UKA Dons and their captain Phil Heywood will be encouraged by the effort his players showed. Rehman and Olubajo each scored again to complete a 7-0 victory.
Also in the Championship, Hedgehog got their first point on the board thanks to a 2-2 draw with Free Agents.
Julio Diaz gave Agents a one goal lead at half-time, Hedgehog then went on to lead 2-1 in the second half following two Josh Wake goals.
Diaz netted again though to see the game drawn.
Dixie stormed in to a 5-0 lead in their match with Fast Loan UK and went on to win 8-3.
If you are interested in joining the league visit www.ultimatefootball.co.uk or call 07535 556677.