First ever junior captains announced at Welwyn Rugby Club
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Rugby Club have introduced two new positions of authority to help bring even more of their talented youngsters through.
The Hobbs Way-based club have always had a good reputation for helping youngsters progress, with the girls' section in particular a shining beacon.
And they hope that the new roles of junior captain will allow any concerns or worries that the players have to be passed up the chain as quickly as possible.
The first captains to be named are Hannah Emery from the girls' U18 side and boys' U17 player Finlay Sutherland.
Both will hold the position for one season and their achievement will be recognised on a new honours board in the clubhouse.
You may also want to watch:
Both were presented with junior captain polo shirts by club president Mark Elliott.
Chairman Mick Hills said: "This new position will facilitate communication between the mini and junior players and the committee and Hannah and Finlay are worthy recipients of this new honour."
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone