FA need time to decide outcome of non-league football season
- Credit: DANNY LOO
The FA says they will need time to untangle and analyse the voting intentions of non-elite, non-league football clubs before they decide the outcome of the current season.
The survey they sent out attracted almost total responses from clubs in the Southern, Isthmian and Northern Premier leagues and 95.8 per cent of clubs at steps five and six of the non-league pyramid.
And that response means there is plenty to think about before deciding if the league will carry on in some format or be declared null and void for the second successive season.
The FA said: "Our alliance and leagues committees now have a large amount of data and information to consider before determining a proposed way forward.
"Ultimately any proposal made by the committees will be put to our council for consideration. The council will then make any final decision on a way forward.
"The alliance and leagues committees recognise the desire for clubs to be updated whilst these issues are being carefully considered.
"Therefore, both committees commit to providing updates to leagues and clubs as the process progresses; and remain mindful of the difficulties faced by clubs at present."
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement