FA Cup Preliminary Round: Welwyn Garden City and Codicote both to replay
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City and Codicote were both held to 1-1 draws in their respective FA Cup preliminary round clashes on Saturday.
WGC played in front of a fine crowd of more than 600 at Saffron Walden Town.
The Citizens more than played their part, including providing around a third of the attendance - the second best of all FA Cup ties in this round in the entire country - beaten only by AFC Rushden & Diamonds’ 730 gate.
The hosts went ahead in the first half when Craig Calver’s cross was converted by striker Graeme Turner.
WGC got a deserved equaliser in the second period as Sean Brettall netted.
You may also want to watch:
The replay is Wednesday night at Herns Lane.
Codicote played host to Ryman League Division One North outfit Tilbury at Gosling Stadium.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
Harry Cook headed home from a corner on 20 minutes for the Essex outfit.
However, with five minutes to go Ray Ancliff smashed home the leveller to earn a replay which will take place Tuesday night at Chadfield.