F1: Hamilton favourite to win Italian Grand Prix at Monza
BOOKIES have made Lewis Hamilton favourite for the 2010 Italian Grand Prix at Monza.
The 25-year-old Formula 1 driver from Herts is the bookies’ top tip for Sunday’s race around the famous Italian track.
After winning last month’s Belgian Grand Prix at Spa, the Monza circuit is expected to suit the McLaren Mercedes car, giving Hamilton the perfect opportunity to increase his lead in the world drivers’ championship.
This weekend’s race seems like a case of damage limitation for the Red Bull team and this is reflected in the betting where McLaren are 1/2 at William Hill to beat Red Bull (6/4).
Hamilton is the 7/4 favourite to win in Italy, while Sebastian Vettel is the 4/1 joint second favourite with Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso.
You may also want to watch:
With Mark Webber currently Hamilton’s closest rival in the drivers’ championship, Hills have opened a book on whether Webber will start to receive more favour from the Red Bull team.
Hills are offering 10/1 that the next Red Bull upgrade will be on Webber’s car only.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 6 Missing teen found safe and well
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
The bookmakers also offer 25/1 that Webber overtakes Vettel at any point in the last five laps to go on and win the race.
“Our punters are well aware that the long straights at Monza are suited to the McLaren car and they fully expect Lewis to take advantage,” said Hill’s spokesman Joe Crilly.
William Hill Italian Grand Prix Odds:
Outright: 7/4 Lewis Hamilton; 4/1 Sebastian Vettel; 4/1 Fernando Alonso; 6/1 Mark Webber; 7/1 Jenson Button; 18/1 Felipe Massa; 25/1 Robert Kubica; 33/1 BAR.