England rugby ace Hannah Gallagher counting the days until return from injury
- Credit: Archant
Injured Hannah Gallagher is delighted her England team-mates are doing so well in the Six Nations – but says she can’t wait until she is back out there with them.
The former Welwyn RFC member ripped her ACL prior to the current campaign and took the option to have surgery on an injured shoulder at the same time.
The Welwyn Hatfield Times caught up with her after the 20-13 win over Wales at the Twickenham Stoop on Saturday where she revealed she hopes to be back in the autumn.
She said: “It’s absolutely gutting, heart-wrenching, to not be out there and taking part. But it’s amazing to see the girls doing so well and I can’t wait to get back out there and battle for my shirt again.”
“I’ll be nine months post ACL in October so my aim is to get back, play a couple of premiership games with Saracens then be back with England for this year’s autumn internationals, which is a key time for us before the World Cup next year.”
You may also want to watch:
In her absence England have racked up four straight wins with Lotte Clapp, another former Welwyn player, putting in some good performances.
And Gallagher is delighted her club has been able to contribute to the English success.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
“Lotte has really shone especially in the premiership this year,” she said. “She’s come on loads in the last year and now she’s standing out for England and had a great game [against Wales].
“It’s great to see so many players coming through that Welwyn pathway and making the club stand out.”