Datchworth run London Welsh close again in another tight contest
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
For the second game in a row Datchworth pushed London Welsh all the way before succumbing to a narrow 24-20 defeat.
The pair had been promoted to London Two North West last year, Datch finishing that campaign with a 10-7 loss to the champions at their Old Deer Park ground.
The visitors have started this year in equally good form and took the lead with a converted try before adding another and a penalty before half-time.
Sam Brunton kicked a penalty for Datchworth and he converted James Watt's try early in the second half to pull the hosts to within seven.
That gap closed again with another Brunton kick although there could have been more had there not been a knock-on for the Greens.
You may also want to watch:
Welsh bagged a third converted score after a period of pressure but another Watt scored, Brunton again adding the extras, made it a nervy finish for the leaders who were relieved to hear the final whistle.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 8 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone