Datchworth left to rue missed opportunities after defeat to Hoddesdon Rosehill
- Credit: DAVID DAVIES/PA
Datchworth Bowls Club's return to competitive action continued with the one game.
Hoddesdon Rosehill were the visitors to Turkey Farm and they returned home with a 77-65 victory in their friendly game.
Phil Holzbauer, Chris Hills and skip Jim Smith built up a healthy 17-7 shot lead after 11 ends for Datchworth but lost the next six ends to trail by one going into the final end.
Three shots there though gave them a 20-18 win and the hosts a good start.
There was also a win for Rachel Jones, Ian Williams and Derek Henley. They were level at 8-8 after 12 ends but five shots on the next gave them a crucial and ultimately game-winning margin, hanging on for an 18-16 victory.
But that's where the victories ended. Barbara Williams, Julian Hales and Peter Hills won only one of the first seven ends to trail 11-1 and despite hauling themselves back into it slightly, they lost 20-14.
And the final match-up ended up with Janet Akers, Neil Mean and skip Steve Arnold going down to a 23-13 defeat.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17