Datchworth battle elements as well as Hackney to secure another win
- Credit: Archant
Datchworth consolidated their mid-table position in London Two North West with a 21-13 win over Hackney at a soggy Datchworth Green.
The result, the third in their seven games so far, means they sit seventh in the table, one place above their visitors.
Conditions weren't ideal with rain making life difficult for anyone wanting to handle the ball.
Sam Brunton kicked an early penalty and while they were playing advantage for an offence at a ruck, Tom Wood sent a drop goal between the posts.
Hackney utilised a huge overlap to bag the first try of the day but three penalties in a row at the scrum brought a penalty try for the Greens and a 13-7 half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
James Watt got his 10th of the season after the break but Hackney kept themselves in touch with two penalties.
Brunton made sure they would leave without a bonus point though as another penalty sealed the victory.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield