Datchworth and Old Owens learn Davidstow Village Cup fate after first round draw
- Credit: Archant
Datchworth and Old Owens’ cricket clubs will be taking part in the 2015 Daviostow Village Cup, which begins in May.
The national competition, which sees the eventual two finalists from inter-regional competition playing at Lord’s, has handed Datchworth a home tie against Weston in the first round of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire sector.
Old Owens are faced with an away first-round tie at Botany Bay.
The first round ties will be played on Sunday, May 3, with the second round due to played two weeks later on May 17.
The final takes place on Sunday, September 13.
You may also want to watch:
Full first round draw: Shenley Village v Steppingley; Datchworth v Weston; Botany bay v Old Owens; Reed v Bye; Long Marston v Langleybury; St Margaretsbury v Preston; Elstow v Bye; Bourne End v Bye.
Tournament schedule: Round 1 - Sunday, May 3
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
Round 2 - Sunday, May 17
Round 3 - Sunday, May 31
Regional Finals - Sunday, June 14
Round 5 - Sunday, June 28
Round 6 - Sunday, July 12
Quarter-finals - Sunday, July 26
Semi-finals - Sunday, August 9
Final - Sunday, September 13.