Cup final runners-up spot for Welwyn Garden City youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City Ladies U12s finished runners up in the 2014/2015 HGFPL Cup final on Saturday.
It has been a good season for the team who also finished third in the league; their best ever position.
This was a fantastic achievement after they lost every league game last season and were knocked out of the cup in the first round.
The cup final was a thrilling end to the season. Borehamwood scored in the first five minutes, but WGC pushed on and came close to scoring but shot wide.
Battle as they did, the first half finished with Borehamwood having a 1-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was an end-to-end thriller as Borehamwood scored again in the opening stages.
WGC had several shots, but the keeper kept them out.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
Borehamwood also had several attempts well saved by keeper Holly Bates at the other end.
Two injuries in the team left no room to substitute tiring players and Borehamwood sneaked in a third and final goal.
WGC keeper Bates was player of the match.