Potters Bar and Welwyn Garden City all set for cricket's competitive return
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar cricket clubs completed their pre-season preparations ahead of Saturday's opening competitive fixtures in the county T20 cup.
A youthful Bar side fell to a 73-run loss away to Bishop's Stortford.
The hosts set a total of 238-4, thanks in the main to 113 not out from Adam Bassingthwaite, and in reply Potters Bar were all out for 165, Miguel Nunes-Machado top-scoring with 52.
It proved a useful exercise though with a number of bowlers used, James Scott and Brad Sayers sharing the wickets between them.
Bar travel to Radlett on Saturday, with North Mymms and Northchurch completing the group.
Welwyn meanwhile host their group with Stortford, Preston and Letchworth the visitors.
Their final game was an intra-club game between first and second-team squads and it too proved beneficially to several players.
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 7 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
Mo Rizvi completed a double century with 21 fours and 11 sixes while there was three wickets for Tom Whitton and 40 runs for Tom Cushion.
Pat Lynch with picked up 4-23 for the B side as they won by 32 runs, despite an innings of promise from Omar Faleel.