Cold and rain can’t dampen spirits at annual pre-season netball tournament
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
It may have been miserable and cold weather-wise but the action on court was positively tropical at the pre-season netball event for Hatfield primary schools.
The tournament attracted four schools to De Havilland’s Travellers Lane base, with St Philip Howard, Green Lanes and Countess Anne joining the hosts.
And the rain and the wind didn’t dampen the players’ spirit and determination as throughout the afternoon, spectators were treated to some great shooting together with dynamic movement across court, accurate passing and perfect footwork skills.
The highest amount of goals scored during the afternoon came from Green Lanes scoring a total of 16 across their three matches double the amount of any other.
De Havilland, St Philip Howard and Countess Anne tried hard to defend a fantastic attacking Green Lanes outfit who remained faultless throughout.
You may also want to watch:
And it was enough for them to claim their first win since the pre-season tournament began three years ago.
A spokeswoman said: “A huge thank you to our two umpires, Kelly and Liz from St Philip Howard and Green Lanes, who also battled the elements to make the tournament a great success.
- 1 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 Can you name Welwyn Garden City's newest fire engine?
- 4 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 5 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 6 Council tax increase set to fund county, borough and police services
- 7 Coronavirus cases in Welwyn Hatfield now level with England average
- 8 Burglars steal jewellery and cash after threatening residents
- 9 Matt Ball: Why non-league clubs should do more with their clubhouse and bar
- 10 Ford Fiesta latest vehicle to be damaged after spate of vandalism in Hatfield
“We hope to see more teams competing in our end of season event on March 26, 2019.”