Browne makes Aveley return
BOSS Steve Browne returns to the club he formerly managed on Saturday when Potters Bar travel to Aveley in the Ryman League. During last season Browne was appointed top man at the Millers, who were then in the Southern League Division One East, but he did
BOSS Steve Browne returns to the club he formerly managed on Saturday when Potters Bar travel to Aveley in the Ryman League.
During last season Browne was appointed top man at the Millers, who were then in the Southern League Division One East, but he didn't stay long.
By the start of the current term he had left Mill Field and joined the Scholars at Parkfield.
Browne, who has been back to the Essex club to watch a game, expects a difficult return to Aveley.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be tough. They are a good side, they work hard and really know each other," he said.
In December Bar beat the Millers 4-2 in Hertfordshire with the goals coming from Junior Dadson, Precious Koko and a Sam Adejokun double.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 4 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 5 Missing teen found safe and well
- 6 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 10 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
Another win would be more than welcome for Browne whose side are just positioned above the Ryman League Division One North relegation zone.
"They will look to reverse the result from when we beat them 4-2 at home.
"When they came to us I don't know if they underestimated us, but we played well on the day.
"If we play well again we can go there and get a result.
"I'm quite happy to go there and get three points and then see where we go from there."
Potters Bar drew 1-1 with Northwood last weekend.