Competitions produce strong showings as rain blesses Brookmans Park Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
The rain might have been a blessed relief for the greens keepers at Brookmans Park Golf Club but players were also delighted to see the weather did not impact their competitions.
The Emdoric Cup was one of those and it was fiercely contested by a field of 118 men.
The tournament has been competed for annually since 1932, apart from the war years, and this was one of the closest ever.
The overall winner was Christopher Boyce on countback from Hugh Leonard after the pair had both recorded an excellent five-under-par net score of 66.
A few days earlier the ladies competed for the Does Cup, a stableford event that was dominated by Sheila Langley with 42 points, six shots better than handicap and five ahead of her nearest rival.
You may also want to watch:
Brookmans Park have welcomed a steady flow of new members since the lockdown, especially in the ladies’ section.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'