Embleton stars in county championship but ladies take the honours at Brookmans Park
- Credit: Archant
One of Brookmans Park Golf Club’s leading golfers had a fine day in the Herts County Senior Championship.
Phil Embleton was among a field of 72 competing for the title over two days at West Herts Golf Club, and his second-round score of 73, one-over-par, was enough to secure him a well-deserved third place.
Back at home the ladies’ have been prominent on course in a number of club tournaments.
The Bagley Cup, a singles competition jointly contested by both men and women was won by last year’s skipper Wendy Plummer with a net score of 69.
She nearly made it two wins in two days by lost on countback to Elizabeth Keenan in the 36-hole Clouston Vases, after the pair and vice-captain Lesley Hewitt ere all tied at the top.
You may also want to watch:
And Captain’s Day saw the best score on the day go to ladies’ captain Gwenda Pocock, who scored 40 points in the stableford competition off the red tees.
Steven Threader took the main event playing off the white.
- 1 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 2 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 3 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 4 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 5 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 6 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 7 Police disperse large group near the university
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules