County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- Credit: SUBMITTED
There have been plenty of celebrations for Brookmans Park Golf Club on both a club and county level.
One of their leading players, Phil Embleton, was part of the Hertfordshire team which claimed victory in the final of the England Golf South East Group Senior Championship.
Held at Calcot Park Golf Club in Reading and with Sussex the opponents, Hertfordshire played superbly against the English County champions, crowned just one week earlier.
Embleton took the win in his singles match as Hertfordshire won 5.5 to 4.5.
Back at his home base, his club-mates were involved in the annual captain against president match.
The weather was not kind to the golfers, at least over the first nine holes, but everyone battled on with many close games.
In the end the spoils went to club captain Lesley Hewitt and her squad, winning eight games to four against president Jim Cameron’s team.
- 1 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 2 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 3 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 4 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Great family entertainment in Christmas production of Goodnight Mr Tom at the Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 9 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
- 10 Local Plan guidelines clarified following ‘green fields’ confusion
A spokesman for the club said: "The extensive drainage programme, completed this year, meant the course remained in great condition despite all the rain."