Another busy week of competition for Brookmans Park Golf Club
- Credit: BRIAN HALL
Brookmans Park Golf Club's ladies competed for one of their major annual pairs’ competitions - the Bunty McConnal Trophy.
The 30-hole foursomes event saw the field play 15 holes in the morning and 15 in the afternoon, with some excellent scores.
Hazel Duncombe and Maggie Nagle came a very close second but the overall winners of the trophy by just one shot were Alison Cunningham and Wendy Plummer.
The men had the Presidents Putter to contend for, an individual strokeplay competition, and it attracted a field of 109 with the winner Gary Hughes with and excellent 6 under par 65.
On the previous day 13 handicap golfer Perry Hobson, a 13 handicap golfer, was the winner of the monthly Division Two medal with a nett score of 66.
The club's team had a good week with the Rabbits continuing their excellent form with another win against Ealing.
Park’s club team had two excellent victories, the first against Brocket Hall and the second over Brickenden Grange.
- 1 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 2 Crane hire company with Welwyn Garden City depot goes into administration
- 3 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 4 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 5 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 6 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 7 Family raises funeral funds for mum who was known for helping others
- 8 New Armed Forces & Veterans Breakfast Club launching at Two Willows pub in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 10 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
The Foxes hosted a friendly against Stanmore, finishing with a 3-3 draw.