Busy week for the bowls clubs of Potters Bar, Datchworth and Shire Park Tewin
- Credit: POTTERS BAR BC
It was another busy week for bowls clubs in general and Potters Bar in particular.
There was victory over Bishopswood on all three rinks as there was against Datchworth with a mixed team.
They did lost to East Barnet Valley but defeated neighbours Hatfield on Sunday by three rinks to one in the men's match and 2-0 in the ladies.
Two ladies' triples played at Batchwood but were defeated 35-29.
Datchworth Blues beat BSP 43-29 in the East Herts League, Rob Hazeu, Steve Arnold and Derek Henley winning 27-8, but the Yellows lost to Hertford Castle Harlequins.
They did beat WGC Crusaders two days later though in the Welwyn Hatfield League, winning 39-32 with John Oliver, Dickie Jackson and Richard Harper the top rink.
The Greens lost to Hertford.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
Gus Edwards and Fred Goodege's run in the County Pairs for Shire Park Bowls Club (Tewin) came to an abrupt end with a 23-10 defeat against Harpenden pair Tom and Nick Muir.
There was a 29-29 draw in the East Herts League against Sawbridgeworth, Martin Reeve, Mike Howe and John Hastings the top rink, and a friendly success over Welwyn & District with Imelda Handley, Byron Sinfield, Rob Kenway and Bill Draycott the stars.