Billy Joe Saunders sets Chris Eubank Jnr 5pm deadline
A furious Billy Joe Saunders has called on Chris Eubank Jnr to put up or shut up and sign a deal to fight on Saturday, November 29.
Today, at a press conference in London, Saunders’ promoter Frank Warren revealed the contract is yet to be agreed by Eubank Jnr, and his promotion team, headed by his father Chris Eubank Snr.
Visibly angered by the delay ahead of ‘Bad Blood’ scheduled to be held at the ExCel, London, Warren began the press conference by saying that “A lot of things had happened in the last 24 hours that in my time in boxing, has been exasperating to say the least.”
He continued: “I thought I had an agreement with his manager, and his father Chris Eubank Snr; every time we’ve spoken things have changed, it’s not got to the stage where the contracts which we forwarded have been signed.”
Warren then handed over to his fighter Saunders, who lives in Hatfield, and he voiced his anger, and bewilderment, at the tactics being deployed by the Eubank stable.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s had the contract since the first week in September, I’m the champion here and the only reason he’s got a shot here and a chance is because of his big mouth and everybody wants to see him get knocked out, and that’s what I will do to him.
“I’ve booked flights to go away, I’m going away on a training camp, spending a lot of money to bring people in, nutritionists, everything I need to prepare 100% for this fight, and you’ve got him keeping messing around with contracts, changing money, changing loads of stuff.
- 1 'Fantastic to meet everybody' - New White Horse pub manager looking forward to letting more people in on May 17
- 2 'Through the worst of it' - Funeral director looking forward to return to normality after busiest months of his 25 year career
- 3 'Time to deliver' - Councillors react to the May 6 local elections results
- 4 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 5 Symbolic centenary torch created by student to be stored in museum
- 6 Missing teen found safe and well
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 County council elections round-up for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
“He’s had loads of time for it, the way I look at it I’m going to move on after today; if he’s not willing today to sign the contract, by 5pm tonight, I’m going to move on to something different.
“I haven’t got time to be waiting around for bums, that’s all he is. He hasn’t boxed anybody yet he still talks like he’s a world champion.
“He hasn’t got a name, he hasn’t got a belt, he hasn’t done a 10-rounder, he refused a British eliminator, and now he’s had his chance to fight me and he’s ducking and diving.”
With the 5pm deadline set for Eubank’s decision, promoter Warren has confirmed a back-up fight has already been agreed. Visit the website later to find out who Saunders will fight on November 29.
For further coverage from the press conference, and a look ahead to his next fight, pick up a copy of next week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.