Two big wins for Bentley Heath as first team tops the table
- Credit: Archant
Bentley Heath remain top of the pile in Division Five A of the Herts Cricket League after a crushing 285-run win over North Mymms’s second team.
Rohan Francis just edged the star man prize after not only scoring in the 40s, as did Chetan Bakrania, Hassan Zeb and Ollie Hubbard, but then taking 5-12 in just six overs.
Moshin Ahmed top-scored with 81 as Heath got to a massive 368-7 in 45 overs, before skittling the visitors for just 83 after 22 overs.
The seconds too had a great win in Division Nine A, defeating Sandridge by three wickets.
A surprise choice to field first from skipper Dave Tagg saw the visitors hold Sandridge to 164-5 in their 40 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Lahiru Weerasinghe took 2-25 and Matt Bird 2-52 as a late flurry of runs pushed the run rate up.
Opener Lee Riley (52) got the chase off to a great start, with help from debutant Jayadhilaka, but despite the runs flowing, the wickets tumbled too.
- 1 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 2 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 3 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 4 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 5 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 6 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 7 Police disperse large group near the university
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
However, with four overs to spare Tagg and Bird secured the all-important victory.