Argentinian test for Billy Joe Saunders in Los Angeles
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Billy Joe Saunders’ first defence of his WBO super-middleweight title will be against another undefeated fighter.
He will face Argentinian Marcelo Esteban Coceres on November 9 in Los Angeles, the Hatfield boxer's first fight on American soil.
And it promises to be a tough battle against the 28-year-old Coceres who has won 28 of his 29 contests across various weights, with one bout ending in a draw,
But all of those fights were in his home country and Saunders says he just has to stay focused.
He said: "Coceres is a tough, world-class operator, an unbeaten fighter and I certainly feel the pressure to outperform him and look good on such a massive platform.
You may also want to watch:
"Training is going very well, I just have to get the job done."
Promoter Eddie Hearn believes victory can propel the 30-year-old into mega-stardom across the pond.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 10 Have you seen this highly sentimental stolen jewellery?
He said: "He is right in the mix for all the big fights in 2020 but he can't slip up here and if he can make a statement against Coceres then I truly believe he will land a monster in the first half of next year."