Welwyn Garden City Sailing Club's latest races bring a comeback win for Annette Walter
- Credit: VAL NEWTON
A miserable weather forecast didn't deter a good turnout for Welwyn Garden City Sailing Club and their latest series of races.
The first pursuit race had very light puffs and zephyrs and this gave rise to a snakes and ladders race with Roger Morse winning, Alan Campbell just failing to catch him in the closing stages.
Dave Lambert was third with serial winner Annette Walter back in fourth, having fended off junior Alex Shelly who was snapping at her heels for most of the race.
A reversal of results in the better wind conditions of the second race saw Walter head the fleet and clinch the overall win for the event.
She was closely followed by Lambert with a second going with his earlier third and tied for third overall were Morse, who slipped to fifth in race two and Campbell.
The second race saw Charles Adams get into the mix as he finished third, just ahead of Campbell.
- 1 Man charged with murder of his own mother
- 2 Stunning photos capture the moment Flying Scotsman crosses viaduct
- 3 ‘Too tall and dominant’ – application to demolish old car dealership to build 111 flats rejected
- 4 Dad avoids jail after downloading indecent images of children
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrest made after dog stolen in suspected knifepoint robbery
- 7 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 8 Home care provider recognised among best in east of England
- 9 Welwyn Garden City Heritage Trust and the picnic of the Polish Saturday School
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land