Alan Campbell takes two super wins at Welwyn Garden City Sailing Club
- Credit: VAL NEWTON
Pursuit racing was the name of the game for Welwyn Garden City Sailing Club with Alan Campbell taking the honours with an outright win.
He didn't have it all his own way though. As one of the last boats to start he made his way through all the fleet, finally catching Sheila Stowe close to the finish in both races.
And even after hitting the front he had his moments of worry. The second race saw him hit a windless area of Stanborough Lake moments after taking the lead and it looked as if he would be beaten but fortunately the hooter saved his victory.
David Lambert comfortably moved into third place in both races.
Further back there were mixed fortunes for helms depending on how often they were caught in the pockets of no wind.
Right from the start in both races Alex Shelley and Charles Adams were locked together putting a high premium on good positioning at the marks.
Stronger winds towards the end of each race helped the latter to finish ahead.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre