Potters Bar Town's unbeaten Isthmian League Premier Division run came to an end on nine - after defeat at home to Dulwich Hamlet. 

Shane Cojocarel had put the Scholars in front on 17 minutes at a soaking Lantern Stadium but Danny Mills levelled six minutes later.

And a second-half gift allowed Anthony Jeffrey to race in and seal a 2-1 win.

The home side also suffered the loss of Dwight Pascal to a nasty looking ankle injury.

Manager Max Mitchell went for an unchanged side from the one that demolished Kingstonian 6-1 on Saturday.

The only change was on the bench, Ricky Modeste replaced by the returning Valckx Fernandes.

Potters Bar could have been in front in 15 seconds, Cojocarel driving forward and finding ore Bello, but his shot was blocked.

From there, the two sides seem to take their time coming to terms with the slick surface, the ball often skidding away from the defenders but getting away from the strikers too.

Brandon Adams had sent one drive over the top but neither side were creating much.

That said it wasn't against the run of play when the home side took the lead.

The build-up down the left saw a ball clipped in and after a few flicked headers it landed in the middle of the penalty area with the pink-shirted Hamlet defenders nowhere near it.

Cojocarel was though, sprinting across from the left to clip it back the way he had come, leaving Will Lakin flat-footed and the ball nestled in the corner.

That spurred Hamlet into their best spell of the game and they almost had an instant reply, Kresni Krasniqi's drive well parried by Finn Rushton and then eventually shepherded behind.

It was a temporary reprieve though and when a cross came in from the right, Mills got in front of Dwight Pascal far too easily and headed home from close range.

The remaining chances belonged to the Scholars.

Rickie Hayles scooped a corner over the top before meeting a second set-piece with his head.

That one was blocked inside the six-yard box.

Bello put another effort wide and then fired over after taking one touch too many.

By half-time it was obvious that the rain had set in for the night and it was boiling down to which team could master the conditions better.

It turned out that was Dulwich who gave a sign of their intent with a couple of corners in the first five minutes.

They thought they had scored on the hour, Mills heading home but the goal was ruled out for a push.

The free-kick was delayed for a substitution but when Rushton took it, he slipped lightly and hit it straight at Jeffrey.

The Dulwich forward ran in unchallenged and put it to the right of the keeper.

The game then had a near 10 minute delay as Dwight Pascal was caught on the ankle and needed to be stretchered off.

Dulwich took that moment to change tactics, sitting deeper and looking for the break.

In truth they were rarely troubled, Bello having the Scholars' one chance but shooting when he should have passed.

And Dulwich were seeing the game out comfortably in the extended stoppage time but should have conceded with the final kick.

Bello went through but pushed it wide and gave Lakin the chance to save.

Match details

Potters Bar Town: Rushton, Keto, Pascal (Goather-Braithwaite 74), Hayles (Fernandes 43), Rose, Adams, Bello, Adaja, Cojocarel (Currie 61), Aidoo, Babalola.

Sub (not used): Watson, Henry.

Goals: Cojocarel 17

Booked: Pascal 58, Babalola 63, Currie 90+8


Dulwich Hamlet: Lakin, Braham-Barrett, Egan, Chambers, Wanadio, Mills, Jeffrey, Deacon, Krasniqi, Ademola, Parry.

Subs (not used): Hatfull, Hanson-Ramis, Clifton, Shonibare, Bonnett-Johnson.

Goals: Mills 23, Jeffrey 61

Booked: Jeffrey 57, Wanadio 90+2


HT: Potters Bar Town 1 Dulwich Hamlet 1

Added time: 12

Referee: Matthew Fletcher (Hemel Hempstead)