There was a clean sweep of successes for Potters Bar's men on another busy week of East Hockey League action.

The first-team believe they will likely need to finish outside of the bottom four to avoid relegation from Division One South and so a 3-0 win at home to Old Loughtonians was just what the doctor ordered.

They had gone in front through a Mark Turpin goal after 56 seconds and he helped himself to  first-half hat-trick.

The three points mean they are still fourth from bottom in ninth but with just two points separating the sides in seventh to 10th, there is still everything to play for over the final three games.

The seconds put in perhaps their best performance of the season as they won by the same score away to Bedford.

Warren Edmondson added another two to his tally for the season while the other came from Louis Anastasiou.

A 4-2 win for the third team over Stevenage sent the Bar men back to the top of Division Four.

Sam Penn was at the double here with Simon Kelly and Aryan Walia adding to the total.

The biggest win of the day came for the fourths as they demolished poor Southgate Adelaide 13-0.

Seven of them belonged to Scott Alexander, Liam Frame got a treble while Adam Frame, Cailen Patel and Matt Fretter had to settle for one each.

They were back in action one day later too and won again, the 4-0 success at Broxbourne sending them top of Division Seven, two points above Shefford & Sandy but having played on game more.

Adrian Clargo scored three here with Fretter again on target to help boost the goal difference significantly.

The Ladies were unable to add to the list of successes, however, as they lost 3-1 away to Blueharts.

Bronte Griffin got their only goal.

There was only the one goal in the game between Welwyn Garden City's men and Bishop's Stortford too, the visitors to the Hertfordshire Sports Village getting it in the Division Two match.

Both teams started well with some good play but the first chance belonged to Welwyn.

Nate Last had after putting through on goal by good build-up play between Paul Marchant, Stuart Stephens and Dan White.

His reverse stick effort whistled past the near post though.

This awakened the Stortford side and they started to dominate possession, although they didn't get any joy out of the WGC defence.

The home side looked dangerous on the counter too, Marchant only denied a goal by a vital last-minute touch from a Stortford defender.

Crucially though, the next chance fell to the away side and they made no mistake, pouncing after a save from skipper Dan Klinger landed invitingly for an easy finish.

Welwyn were still in the game at half-time but knew they needed to improve to get something out of it.

To that end, they started better, keeping the ball and trying to use the pace of Bilal Hassan and White down the wings.

The final ball into Last and David Allmand-Smith proved their downfall, however, and although they had one final chance, an effort from near the penalty spot by Hassan was well saved.