A four-goal solo performance from striker Bailey Stevenson earned WGC their fifth win from their last six games on their first visit to Kings Langley in six seasons.

The 4-2 win leaves WGC in 11th place in Southern League Division One Central, but second behind only long-time leaders Bedford Town in the form table after four straight wins and 13 points from a possible 18.

Stevenson had been struggling for goals, until last week’s double from the spot in the 3-0 home win over Stotfold broke a three-month drought, but has found his shooting boots.

The pick of his goals was a sensational effort five minutes into stoppage time, when Josh Bryant won a tackle and struck a diagonal ball out to Stevenson on the right flank and he fired an unstoppable effort from 30 yards at a very sharp angle over Kings keeper Ronnie Sandford.

Stevenson had opened the scoring after just three minutes when Jack Vasey split the home defence with a fine pass to Brad Wadkins and his square pass set up a low drive past Sandford.

Four minutes later the lead was doubled with Vasey inding Cyrus Babaie whose shot was parried into the path of Stevenson, who drove powerfully past the keeper.

To their credit, the hosts recovered well and hit back on 15 minutes when one of a series of left-wing corners was cleared to the edge of the box, where Harry Crawford drove low and hard past an unsighted Charlie Crowley through a crowded area.

Kings pressed relentlessly and were awarded a penalty when Bryant fell on home forward Akinbusoye, flattened him in the box, but after an elaborate run-up, Rayan Clarke fired in a weak effort which Crowley saved easily.

WGC lost skipper James Mulley to injury after a heavy challenge just past the half-hour, with Gucci Soulya-Osekanongo replacing him.

And Vasey blazed an acceptable chance over after good build-up before Clarke forced Crowley into a full length save at the other end, pushing away a dipping effort.

A fine interception by James Kaloczi kept WGC's lead intact when he managed to divert a Clarke effort over his own bar, but home pressure was rewarded on 41 minutes as Clarke made amends for his penalty miss, with a defence-splitting pass to put Louie Collier in to round Crowley and roll the equaliser into an empty net.

WGC regained the lead in first-half stoppage time with Stevenson’s hat-trick goal, with Wadkins and Vasey involved in the build-up to set up a carbon-copy of the second goal.

As temperatures dropped and the mist and fog rolled in, the second half could not match the opening 45 minutes for goals or action, but WGC did still create chances.

Soulya-Osekanongo and Bryant combined to set up Wadkins, whose header went just wide, and Dernell Wynter did well to hook a ball back for Stevenson, who was this time denied by Sandford.

The best opening fell to the unmarked Babaie on 64 minutes, but he blazed a great opportunity over from inside the box.

Manager Marc Weatherstone’s defensive plans were dealt a blow midway through the half, when Kaloczi – outstanding again against one of  his former clubs – had to go off injured, replaced by Zac Brown.

And WGC's task was made harder 15 minutes from time when full-back Alex Harris was dismissed for a second yellow card, meaning he will miss the next game at Aylesbury United, with a one-match ban.

Kings Langley saw Akinbusoye divert Collier’s cross home on 80 minutes, but the effort was ruled out for offside, before Stevenson’s sensational fourth clinched the points and another outstanding win for WGC – their fifth on the road this season.

WGC: Crowley, Harris, Kaloczi (Brown 65), Steele, Bryant, Mulley (Soulya-Osekanongo 33), Vasey, Wadkins, Stevenson, Wynter (Jones 84), Babaie. Subs:- Jordan, Kirwan (not used).