Max Mitchell felt his 10 men deserved all three points in the derby with Cheshunt - only to be denied in the third minute of stoppage time.

Potters Bar Town had seen left-back Chevron McLean sent off on the stroke of half-time in the Isthmian League Premier Division game but they rallied after the break.

And Max Jessop's strike on 66 minutes, put in from close range, was just rewards for that effort.

However, a goalmouth scramble right at the death ended with Lordon Akolbire finding a gap and making it 1-1.

Mitchell felt they deserved to hang on to the victory.

He said: "I was pleased in terms of the effort. Our energy levels considering we were down to 10 men was excellent.

We weren't at the races in the first half. They had more possession than us and tactically we could have been better.

"The decision [to send McLean off] is crazy and changes the complete complexion of the game.

"We are told not to add any pressure to the officials so we don't but Cheshunt do and essentially our left-back gets sent off for something he hasn't done.

"The referee was good tonight with what she had in her control but the linesman has got involved there when he hasn't needed to, and that put us in a certain scenario.

"But for us, we reacted excellently to it and I thought we deserved the three points.

"It is sickening to concede in the 93rd minute. Players were throwing their bodies at it, it has taken a ricochet and gone in the bottom corner.

"But it was one of those and we have to move on from it."

That means turning to look at an FA Trophy clash at home to Southern League Leiston on Saturday.

"It's just another game we have to prep for," said the boss.

"We are a little bit light and we are putting square pegs in round holes at the minute.

"They are in a different league but the same level and it is an opportunity to get into the next round.

"The energy around the ground in the last round against Berkhamsted was excellent and we need the same again, to push these boys even more."