Hatfield United U15s continued their unbeaten run with victory away to Shefford Saints in Division Two of the Bedfordshire Saturday Youth League.

The 4-2 win was not the best performance they have put in but there was pride at the way they secured the three points that keeps them top of the tree after four games.

Keeper Nicholas Georgiades kept them in it with a fantastic triple save early on before Ben Farrell put them in front.

They still weren't clicking though and Shefford equalised not long after and needed a triple substitution at half-time to get United playing with a purpose.

On came Harry Stanford, Dillon Tapp and Zac Asamoah with Tapp providing the engine in midifeld and Stanford the firepower up front.

The latter scored twice but Shefford were still in the game and they thought they had set up a grandstand finish with a second, only for Asamoah's screamer at the restart sinking their hopes.

There was praise for man of the match Toni Skouri, who "was superb from the first to last whistle and helped us create chances", and for skipper Henry Zokay-West who "had another consistent performance at the back, stopping a number of chances".

United's first team picked up a 1-1 draw at home to Old Parmiterians in Herts Senior County League Division One, while Lemsford lost 3-1 to Bush Hill Rangers in the Premier Division.

The Herts Senior Centenary Trophy got under way too.

Daniel Jones and Mark Ajayi scored for Cuffley Seniors as they drew 2-2 with AFC Welwyn Romans, Cuffley eventually winning 3-2 on penalties.

Hatfield Town meanwhile won 5-3 at home to Chipperfield Corinthians while a double for Liam Hayden helped Codicote to a 2-0 win over Bovingdon.

Welwyn Pegasus ladies lost a close-fought Beds & Herts League encounter at home to Bedwell Rangers - and the defeat was just the tip of the iceberg for the side

The 3-2 loss in the Division Three fixture came with a serious injury to goalkeeper Lianne Tyler meaning the Monk's Walk side are looking for an emergency replacement.

The keeper had been the star of the show early on as Bedwell had all the early chances, although she had solid back-up from Lucy Spear and Kristal French.

But on the stroke of half-time, the hosts took the lead.

Chloe Parker-Fitzgerald showed excellent composure to play a great ball forward for Jess Grizenkova, one that seemed to catch Bedwell unaware.

Grizenkova then sent Lizzie Palmer away and she danced round the keeper to stroke home her third goal in two games.

Rangers levelled early in the second half from the penalty spot but after Grizenkova came close to putting Pegasus back in front, Abigail Rowark did just that with a venomous strike from 25 yards.

Again Bedwell responded very quickly and the turning point of the game was the knee injury to Tyler.

She was replaced by defender Saphire French for the remainder of the game but the stand-in was unable to prevent Bedwell snatching a winner, although Palmer was only denied an equaliser in the closing stages by some brave goalkeeping.

But as a result of the injury, Pegasus Ladies are looking for a goalkeeper to join the team.

Training is on Wednesdays between 8pm and 9pm at Monk's Walk School in Welwyn Garden City.

Please fill in the new player contact form at www.welwynpegasusfc.co.uk for more information.