Potters Bar Town have kicked their Isthmian League Premier Division season into life after grabbing their first win.

They did it on the road too, winning 1-0 at play-off chasing Hastings United thanks to a late goal from Brandon Adams.

Manager Max Mitchell had wanted last week's draw with league leaders Chatham Town to be a springboard and the delight at the 86th minute winner was understandable.

They now have two home games, starting tonight (Tuesday) against Folkestone Invicta and then on Saturday when Bognor Regis Town are the visitors to the Lantern Stadium.

Welwyn Hatfield Times: Lizzie Palmer scored twice for Welwyn Pegasus. Picture: WELWYN PEGASUS FCLizzie Palmer scored twice for Welwyn Pegasus. Picture: WELWYN PEGASUS FC (Image: Welwyn Pegasus Football Club)

Welwyn Pegasus Ladies were winners too, beating Dunstable Town Lionesses 3-1 in Beds & Herts Division Three.

They fell behind after 10 minutes at Monk's Walk and struggled to get a foothold on the game for much of the first half

Emma Bowers, Lizzie Palmer, Abigail Rowark and Keira Muzvidziwa-Weston provided the threat going forward but chances were few and far between.

In the end they were indebted to goalkeeper Lianne Tyler producing a brilliant diving save to her right to keep the score at 1-0.

The second half though was totally different.

With renewed energy they were level on 50 minutes when Palmer pinched the ball near the half way line, drove into the box and smashed it across the keeper.

Fifteen minutes later, Bowers showed similar determination to cut across the top of the box and rifle the ball into the far corner to hand Pegasus a deserved lead.

With spirits lifted, it was Pegasus on the ascendancy and with five minutes to go, Saphire French sent a great corner into the box for Palmer to simply poke it over the line for her second and Welwyn’s third.

Pegasus sit fourth in the table and face third-placed Bedwell Rangers on Sunday.

Welwyn Hatfield Times: Hatfield United U15s have enjoyed an unbeaten start to the season. Picture: HUFCHatfield United U15s have enjoyed an unbeaten start to the season. Picture: HUFC (Image: Hatfield United Football Club)

The senior men's team might have fell to a second defeat in four in the Herts Senior County League but Hatfield United's new U15 side has enjoyed a great start to the season.

They remain unbeaten after three league games having started the campaign with a 3-2 win over Wymondley.

That came after finding themselves 2-0 down in the first half.

Game number two was also at home and this time it was a far more dominant 9-1 success against Ampthill, three goals in the first four minutes of the second half doing the crucial damage.

The latest outing was their first away day at Leighton, and they returned with a hard-fought 2-2 draw.

Another slow start ultimately cost them.

They had stood firm in the opening exchanges but were breached on 15 minutes who smacked a 20-yard strike beyond Archie in the United goal.

And they had their keeper to thank for keeping it at 1-0 in the next 10 minutes as he made save after save.

He was beaten again but had no chance at all when a free kick from the right was met by a header, sending it racing into the top corner.

That woke United up a little and more effort, combined with the introduction of Toni and Danny, saw them finally get on the front foot.

With two minutes left of the half, United got back into the game, when Toni played a perfect through ball into the path of Harry, who finished expertly into the bottom corner.

The second half saw United show much more intent and desire, playing much better football and creating more opportunities.

And then got themselves level midway through the half when Dillon was brought down in the box, Harry converting the penalty.