Sunday was a historic day for the ladies of Welwyn Pegasus as they recorded their first ever win in the Beds & Herts League.

They best Goffs Oak 2-1 in the Division Three clash on the opening day of the season, having drawn just one of the 20 games last season.

They didn’t have to wait long to open the scoring in the Monk's Walk clash either.

Good pressure led to a corner and the visitors only partially cleared, allowing Ellie Whitfield to send a looping cross back into the six-yard box for Jess Grizenkova to prod home amid a scramble.

They continued to press and were rewarded soon after when Emma Bowers charged down the left and played through a perfectly weighted ball for the onrushing Abigail Rowark.

She put it neatly past the keeper to see Pegasus go into half-time 2-0 up.

Goffs Oak grew into the game in the second period and hit the crossbar before pulling one back.

But despite the heat, Pegasus held on for their first three points.

Defender Kristal French was named player of the match for an impressive defensive display.

Welwyn Pegasus: Tyler, Merry, K.French, S.French, Muzvidziwa-Weston, Levi, Whitfield, Bowers, Rowark, Palmer, Grizenkova.

Subs: Spear, Iqbal, Hilton, Hoade, Parker-Fitzgerald.

AFC Welwyn bounced back from their first defeat of the Spartan South Midlands League Division Two season by winning 4-2 at Tring Corinthians.

Both teams tried to play expansive football from the outset but Charlee Yearwood drew first blood on 13 minutes for the visitors.

By half-time it was 3-0, Ata Gyamfi and Taysu Hussein on target, but Tring kept plugging away and pulled two goals back in the second period.

However, Gyamfi had grabbed his second to hand Welwyn the win, although the away side did have to survive the sending off of Brandon James for a foul on the keeper on 69 minutes.

They held out though to go top of the division once more.

Hatfield Town maintained their position in the top three of the Herts Senior County League Premier Division with a thumping 6-0 win away to Leverstock Green Res.

Eben Mbona scored twice while the others came from Ethan Hughes, Joshua Mata, Andy Morris and Shamar Staff.

Cuffley Seniors are now four points adrift of them in fourth after becoming the latest side unable to stop the Belstone express.

Sam Cassidy got their only goal as they lost 3-1 to the leaders, who have now won all nine of their league games this season.

Lemsford meanwhile are 12th after a 2-2 draw at home to Buntingford Town, Daryl Archer and Adam Wright getting the goals at Welham Green Recreation Ground.

In Division One, Hatfield United slumped to a 4-1 loss at home to Letchworth Eagles Res, Rod Agyeman-Duah scoring, while AFC Welwyn Res went down 4-3 to Bovingdon Res in their first league game of the year.

Knebworth had lost their first three matches of the campaign but stopped the slump with a 2-1 win at home to Waltham Cross.

Odinakachi Kekeocha and Chad Walker were the Kneb scorers.