YouTube video inspires campaign to axe beer tax
AN organisation which represents the UK pub sector has launched a national campaign to axe beer tax – including a video by MP Grant Shapps. Inspired by the WHT's Support Your Local! crusade, Mr Shapps produced a short film for video sharing website YouTub
AN organisation which represents the UK pub sector has launched a national campaign to axe beer tax - including a video by MP Grant Shapps.
Inspired by the WHT's Support Your Local! crusade, Mr Shapps produced a short film for video sharing website YouTube, to highlight the problems facing the pub industry.
And now The British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA) has asked him for permission to use the video to support its quest to 'save the British pub'.
Mr Shapps offered the campaign his "whole-hearted" support and said he hoped it would "bear fruit".
You may also want to watch:
"Good pubs can really help to bring the community together," he said.
He added: "I was inspired to do the video by the WHT campaign and I was very pleased to see it picked up and used by a national organisation."
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity
Visit www.axethebeertax.com to see Mr Shapps' video and to learn more about the BBPA's campaign.