Your credit crunch guide to Mother's Day
TIMES are hard at the moment, but it is still important to remember your loved ones… especially on Mother's Day! So just where do you go in Times Territory to pick up the best-value-for-money gifts for this Sunday s big day?
TIMES are hard at the moment, but it is still important to remember your loved ones… especially on Mother’s Day!
So just where do you go in Times Territory to pick up the best-value-for-money gifts for the big day on Sunday?
You cannot go wrong with the traditional – so how about treating your mum to a massive bunch of flowers that don’t cost the earth?
Look no further than Sainsbury’s, on Church Road, WGC, or Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, where you can get 28 rainbow tulip stems for �4.99.
You may also want to watch:
Looking beyond flowers, perhaps treat her for a relaxing day out, for some much needed pampering.
Elegance4u, based in the Howard Centre, WGC, is offering all mothers a free Jessica Nails gift certificate for either a luxury manicure or ZenSpa pedicure, when you book a full set of creative acrylic extensions or bio sculpture nails.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
All you need is the voucher on
Or for a more heartfelt, and even cheaper option, make her something yourself.
Go beyond the unoriginal gifts to make the day extra special.
Fill a hamper with the little things you know she likes and the things that are special between the two of you.
Whatever you do, make sure she knows how much she means to you.
You could make your own card, fill a picture frame with a treasured photo, or you could make the day itself memorable.
How about taking her for a meal at the Outsidein restaurant, at the Beales Hotel, on Comet Way, Hatfield.
It is offering a three courses off its table d’h�te menu with coffee and homemade chocolates for �27.50 per person and �14 for under 12s.
The price also includes a present for every mother
Or you could make a money-saving home cooked meal.
Tesco, which has stores in Hatfield and Potters Bar, is promoting any main meal and any side dish for �5, for this Sunday.
While you’re there you can also pick up a Nestle dairy box of chocolates for �1.51 or Thorntons Premium Selection for �1.71.
And there’s also an offer of three bottles of wine for �10 – which is bound to be a winner!
* Buy this week's WHT for your chance to win some great prizes including flowers from Amitys Florist, in WGC, and a meal at Bella Italia, in Hatfield.
The competition ends at noon tomorrow (Friday) so do not delay.