Young cubs visit pets at RSPCA animal centre
THE pets at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre were treated to a special visit by youngsters of a cub group. Members of the 1st and 3rd New Barnet Cub Pack visited the South Mimms animal care home before Easter. Led by group scout leader Michael Proctor, the
THE pets at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre were treated to a special visit by youngsters of a cub group.
Members of the 1st and 3rd New Barnet Cub Pack visited the South Mimms animal care home before Easter.
Led by group scout leader Michael Proctor, the children enjoyed a morning in the sunshine and saw the dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens and horses that live at RSPCA Southridge while they wait for new homes.
Among the highlights of the visit, the cubs enjoyed time with nine piglets, born a couple of weeks ago at the centre, and Albert the goat.
You may also want to watch:
After the visit the cub group had to design and colour a poster of their favourite animal at the Packhorse Lane centre.
A spokesman for the animal care home told the Potters Bar Edition: "They [the cubs] were really interested in the animals and keen to get to work on their posters.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 8 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
"We look forward to seeing the results.