Young cubs visit pets at RSPCA animal centre
THE pets at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre were treated to a special visit by youngsters of a cub group. Members of the 1st and 3rd New Barnet Cub Pack visited the South Mimms animal care home before Easter. Led by group scout leader Michael Proctor, the
THE pets at RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre were treated to a special visit by youngsters of a cub group.
Members of the 1st and 3rd New Barnet Cub Pack visited the South Mimms animal care home before Easter.
Led by group scout leader Michael Proctor, the children enjoyed a morning in the sunshine and saw the dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens and horses that live at RSPCA Southridge while they wait for new homes.
Among the highlights of the visit, the cubs enjoyed time with nine piglets, born a couple of weeks ago at the centre, and Albert the goat.
After the visit the cub group had to design and colour a poster of their favourite animal at the Packhorse Lane centre.
A spokesman for the animal care home told the Potters Bar Edition: "They [the cubs] were really interested in the animals and keen to get to work on their posters.
- 1 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 2 Man in stable condition following Hatfield stabbing
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Concerns raised over structural integrity of Shredded Wheat factory building
- 6 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 7 Sir Elton John to play two Hertfordshire shows at Watford FC's Vicarage Road ground in 2022
- 8 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 9 Fire at University of Hertfordshire destroys kitchen
- 10 Motorcyclist "seriously" injured after car crash in Welwyn Garden City
"We look forward to seeing the results.