Yobs daub racist graffiti on railway bridge
VILE racist graffiti has been painted on a railway bridge in a quiet country lane.
Hate-filled yobs have daubed a swastika onto brickwork underneath the bridge, which carries the Great Northern Route over Bulls Lane in Welham Green.
The words KKK, NF and BNP have also been scrawled on the bridge, in a clear reference to the far right Ku Klux Klan, National Front and British National Party respectively.
One Welham Green resident said the paint appeared to be relatively fresh.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “Officers have received reports that a bridge close to Welham Green station has been subjected to graffiti of a racist nature.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers have been deployed to the scene and are investigating the crime.”
He added: “We will do everything in our power to catch those responsible.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“We will also seek the strongest court penalties for the perpetrators of such crimes.”