Yobs daub racist graffiti on railway bridge
VILE racist graffiti has been painted on a railway bridge in a quiet country lane.
Hate-filled yobs have daubed a swastika onto brickwork underneath the bridge, which carries the Great Northern Route over Bulls Lane in Welham Green.
The words KKK, NF and BNP have also been scrawled on the bridge, in a clear reference to the far right Ku Klux Klan, National Front and British National Party respectively.
One Welham Green resident said the paint appeared to be relatively fresh.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “Officers have received reports that a bridge close to Welham Green station has been subjected to graffiti of a racist nature.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers have been deployed to the scene and are investigating the crime.”
He added: “We will do everything in our power to catch those responsible.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season
“We will also seek the strongest court penalties for the perpetrators of such crimes.”