X Factor stars switch on Hatfield lights
SCREAMING youngsters filled the crowd for the appearance of one of this year’s X Factor acts in Hatfield at the weekend.
Diva Fever, who made it through to the second week of the ITV show’s live finals, rocked White Lion Square with dance hits including Barbra Streisand by Duck Sauce and I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
The camp duo – Craig Saggers and Joe Al-Smadi – then pulled the big trigger to beautifully light up Hatfield at 5.30pm.
Once again, as in WGC, the night was hosted by Heart FM and was attended by Welwyn Hatfield mayor Howard Morgan.
Hatfield was filled with fun-packed things to do across the day with funfair rides and side attractions aplenty.
You may also want to watch:
The children were also treated to an extra special treat as cartoon favourite Peppa Pig turned up.
A council spokeswoman said: “Close to 300 people are estimated to have braved the cold to see Diva Fever perform four songs, before switching on the lights in White Lion Square.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 6 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 7 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 8 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
“Santa’s Grotto and the meet and greet with Peppa Pig and George also proved popular with the children.”
* X Factor finalist Katie Waissel will be coming to Hatfield on January 2 after being confirmed to appear at the Forum.