X Factor stars switch on Hatfield lights
SCREAMING youngsters filled the crowd for the appearance of one of this year’s X Factor acts in Hatfield at the weekend.
Diva Fever, who made it through to the second week of the ITV show’s live finals, rocked White Lion Square with dance hits including Barbra Streisand by Duck Sauce and I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor.
The camp duo – Craig Saggers and Joe Al-Smadi – then pulled the big trigger to beautifully light up Hatfield at 5.30pm.
Once again, as in WGC, the night was hosted by Heart FM and was attended by Welwyn Hatfield mayor Howard Morgan.
Hatfield was filled with fun-packed things to do across the day with funfair rides and side attractions aplenty.
You may also want to watch:
The children were also treated to an extra special treat as cartoon favourite Peppa Pig turned up.
A council spokeswoman said: “Close to 300 people are estimated to have braved the cold to see Diva Fever perform four songs, before switching on the lights in White Lion Square.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
“Santa’s Grotto and the meet and greet with Peppa Pig and George also proved popular with the children.”
* X Factor finalist Katie Waissel will be coming to Hatfield on January 2 after being confirmed to appear at the Forum.