Wrong tree chopped in Hatfield
A BEAUTIFUL tree has been wrongfully cut down in Hatfield according to a resident. Julia Lewis believes the council fell the wrong tree in her street, Longmead. The cherry tree had been sitting outside Julia s home for the last 27 years but was chopped
A "BEAUTIFUL" tree has been wrongfully cut down in Hatfield according to a resident.
Julia Lewis believes the council fell the wrong tree in her street, Longmead.
The cherry tree had been sitting outside Julia's home for the last 27 years but was chopped in June.
Three months later she is still moaning at the council for not replacing it after what she reckons is a mistake.
You may also want to watch:
The 52-year-old called Welwyn Hatfield council to have a decaying tree round the back of her house removed.
But when workers arrived they removed one outside her house.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
However a council spokeswoman confirmed they cut down the right tree, after they had received complaints about it rotting from other residents.
For Julia's angry reaction buy this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.