Wrong tree chopped in Hatfield
A BEAUTIFUL tree has been wrongfully cut down in Hatfield according to a resident. Julia Lewis believes the council fell the wrong tree in her street, Longmead. The cherry tree had been sitting outside Julia s home for the last 27 years but was chopped
A "BEAUTIFUL" tree has been wrongfully cut down in Hatfield according to a resident.
Julia Lewis believes the council fell the wrong tree in her street, Longmead.
The cherry tree had been sitting outside Julia's home for the last 27 years but was chopped in June.
Three months later she is still moaning at the council for not replacing it after what she reckons is a mistake.
You may also want to watch:
The 52-year-old called Welwyn Hatfield council to have a decaying tree round the back of her house removed.
But when workers arrived they removed one outside her house.
- 1 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 2 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
However a council spokeswoman confirmed they cut down the right tree, after they had received complaints about it rotting from other residents.
For Julia's angry reaction buy this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.