World War Two novel released by WGC man
A FUNERAL consultant from WGC has released a World War Two novel – based on a real life story. Douglas Simpson, who has worked at JJ Burgess & Sons as a funeral in Hatfield for the last six weeks, has surprised all his new colleagues with the launch of
A FUNERAL consultant from WGC has released a World War Two novel - based on a real life story.
Douglas Simpson, who has worked at JJ Burgess & Sons as a funeral in Hatfield for the last six weeks, has surprised all his new colleagues with the launch of The Shadow of Omer.
The father-of-two, who is donating a third of his profits to Childline and Great Ormond Street Hospital, said the book only took him six weeks to write as he has stored the account in his head for the last 35 years.
For more on this story and for more about the book, buy this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
You may also want to watch:
To buy a copy of the book visit www.amazon.com
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign