World War Two novel released by WGC man
A FUNERAL consultant from WGC has released a World War Two novel – based on a real life story. Douglas Simpson, who has worked at JJ Burgess & Sons as a funeral in Hatfield for the last six weeks, has surprised all his new colleagues with the launch of
A FUNERAL consultant from WGC has released a World War Two novel - based on a real life story.
Douglas Simpson, who has worked at JJ Burgess & Sons as a funeral in Hatfield for the last six weeks, has surprised all his new colleagues with the launch of The Shadow of Omer.
The father-of-two, who is donating a third of his profits to Childline and Great Ormond Street Hospital, said the book only took him six weeks to write as he has stored the account in his head for the last 35 years.
For more on this story and for more about the book, buy this week's Welwyn & Hatfield Times.
You may also want to watch:
To buy a copy of the book visit www.amazon.com
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 6 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?