Workman prevents possible Potters Bar house fire
PUBLISHED: 15:30 10 February 2016 | UPDATED: 15:32 10 February 2016
A possible fire in an empty Potters Bar home was prevented by an alert workman who noticed that an oven had been left on.
Police and firefighters attended a house in The Byway at about 11am today, after a man arriving for scheduled work noticed a gas hob had been left on by looking through a window.
Firefighters entered with the help of police, and turned off the hob.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.