Work to begin on Hatfield Tunnel
HATFIELD Tunnel refurbishment work starts on Monday, beginning two years of delays. A 40mph speed limit comes into effect as essential maintenance work is carried out. The first stage of the works will see the three lanes reduced in width while work is
HATFIELD Tunnel refurbishment work starts on Monday, beginning two years of delays.
A 40mph speed limit comes into effect as essential maintenance work is carried out.
The first stage of the works will see the three lanes reduced in width while work is started on the middle of the tunnel.
Three months later stage two begins.
You may also want to watch:
The northbound tunnel will be shut and four lanes of traffic, two in each direction, will travel through the southbound carriageway. A year later, stage three, will see the reverse happen.
Speed cameras and free recovery will be in place throughout the two-year project.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
Preparation work begins on Monday with lanes closures until Friday, when the project officially begins.
During the preparation works the hard shoulder will be closed in both directions between junction 3 at the university roundabout and junction 4 at Oldings roundabout, during the day.