Work starts on Potters Bar public shelter
WORK to build a public shelter for a park in Potters Bar has begun.
Designers commissioned by Hertsmere Borough Council are currently putting together the structure, which is set to be installed in Furzefield park next month.
The shelter – one of three to be erected in the borough – is being funded by a lottery grant and was designed following consultation with residents.
It was initially hoped the shelters would be ready this month, but an increase in the cost of materials has seen this timetable change.
Cllr Brenda Batten, the portfolio holder for leisure, culture and health, said: “We had been advised that the shelters would be ready in January, but since the designs were agreed the price of steel has increased and threatened to put the project over budget.
You may also want to watch:
“This meant we have agreed to slightly change some of the materials the designers had planned to use in order to keep it in budget. As a result, the timetable has slipped slightly but the designers have assured us this will cause a minor delay.”
Cllr Batten added: “I think all three designs look great.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
“They have been designed so the whole community can make use of them and enjoy making use of them.”