Woolmer Green and Kimpton win village of the year awards
TWO Times Territory settlements are among the winners in this year's Hertfordshire Village of the Year competition. Woolmer Green won the village of the year east gong for the second year running, while Kimpton scooped
TWO Times Territory settlements are among the winners in this year's Hertfordshire Village of the Year competition.
Woolmer Green won the village of the year east gong for the second year running, while Kimpton scooped an award in the competition's business category.
The news made it a double celebration for villagers in Woolmer Green, who last week found out that they had won the business category in this year's national village of the year event.
The winners were announced at a ceremony at county hall in Hertford yesterday (Thursday) evening.
Competition organiser Jo Simson said: "Our congratulations go to all the winning villages in this year's competition.
"Well done to Woolmer Green for retaining the title of village of the year east for the second year running.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
"Last year it was our national nominee for the competition in England and we were thrilled to learn this week that the village has won the East of England business category prize in that competition."
She added: "The standard of entries gets higher every year and, although they had a tough time selecting the winners, the judges were delighted to receive so many impressive entries.