Woolmer Green and Kimpton win village of the year awards
TWO Times Territory settlements are among the winners in this year's Hertfordshire Village of the Year competition. Woolmer Green won the village of the year east gong for the second year running, while Kimpton scooped
TWO Times Territory settlements are among the winners in this year's Hertfordshire Village of the Year competition.
Woolmer Green won the village of the year east gong for the second year running, while Kimpton scooped an award in the competition's business category.
The news made it a double celebration for villagers in Woolmer Green, who last week found out that they had won the business category in this year's national village of the year event.
The winners were announced at a ceremony at county hall in Hertford yesterday (Thursday) evening.
You may also want to watch:
Competition organiser Jo Simson said: "Our congratulations go to all the winning villages in this year's competition.
"Well done to Woolmer Green for retaining the title of village of the year east for the second year running.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
"Last year it was our national nominee for the competition in England and we were thrilled to learn this week that the village has won the East of England business category prize in that competition."
She added: "The standard of entries gets higher every year and, although they had a tough time selecting the winners, the judges were delighted to receive so many impressive entries.