Welwyn Garden City community centre’s rubbish spills out
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City community centre’s rubbish appears to be spilling over on the street,
Karagh Murphy, who passes by the Woodhall Community Centre on her way to work, says the bag has been there for two to three weeks now.
"Seems too be getting worse everyday and I can smell it from my house," Ms Murphy said.
Today she saw that the bag has now split and pulled out - causing the the rubbish pile on the street.
"The gate was shut and the bin bags where all piled up too the top of the gate, something or someone has clearly got in there and pulled it all out in the last few days," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Saint John of God Hospitaller Services, who operates the centre, has been approached for a comment.
As well as Welwyn Hatfield's contractor for rubbish collection - Serco.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone