Potters Bar women’s football team seeks new players
- Credit: supplied
A women’s football team in Potters Bar, gearing up for a new season, is seeking new blood.
If the women of Potters Bar are still reeling from the excitement of the World Cup, now’s a great time to get involved.
The Potters Bar Ladies team, which was founded two years ago, is in the third division of the Beds and Herts women’s league and was set up “to get more women and girls involved in football,” according to manager Chris Rider.
The team, which is for girls and women over 16, had its first pre-season training meet at its regular summer practice slot last night (July 18).
The ladies team meets at Furzefield Leisure Centre between 7pm and 8pm on Wednesdays.
You may also want to watch:
In winter, training moves to Dame Alice Owen’s School between 8pm and 9pm.
“It’s a great opportunity for girls who are wanting to get involved,” said Chris.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 6 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 7 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
Any ability is welcome to join, and Chris wants to encourage players who may not feel confident enough to step forward.
“We’re a friendly bunch,” said Chris, who has also run the boys’ under 16 team for the last nine years. “We just really want people to come along, have fun and meet new people.”
To find out more, contact Danielle Collier on 07849735226.