Woman who watched boyfriend beat schoolgirl given suspended jail sentence
A WOMAN who stood and watched as her boyfriend repeatedly beat a schoolgirl “black and blue” was given a suspended jail sentence.
Regina Klochkova, 40, encouraged Remigijus Petrauskas as he hit the victim on her back and legs, with a rubber hose, for wearing make-up.
St Albans Crown Court heard on Friday the girl – who cannot be named for legal reasons – was made to get on her knees and apologise for being rude to Klochkova, who had challenged her about what she was wearing.
She suffered a foot-long bruise to her left thigh and bruising on the right side of her back, covering a large area.
Prosecutor George Heimler said the girl had been involved in an argument with Klochkova after wearing make-up on work experience from school at a chemist’s shop.
You may also want to watch:
The attack began after Petrauskas, who had been drinking, became involved and accused the girl of “disrespect.”
At an earlier hearing Petrauskas had pleaded guilty to causing the girl actual bodily harm on June 11 last year.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
He also admitted cruelty to a person aged under 16 on the same occasion and was jailed for 18 months.
Klochkova, originally from Lithuania but now of Crouch Lane, Goffs Oak, pleaded guilty to child cruelty.
Andrew Kerry, defending, said Klochkova, who was aided in the dock by a Russian interpreter, was “extremely remorseful.”
Judge Andrew Bright QC told her: “Your partner beat her black and blue with a piece of rubber tubing and caused her shocking injuries.
“Standing by was unacceptable and amounted to cruelty.”
He passed a 51-week jail sentence suspended for 18 months with 18 months’ supervision.
Klochkova has to attend 40 days on a basic skills activity programme and must pay �1,500 costs.
The judge told Klochkova at Friday’s hearing: “The girl must be left alone to live her own life and be treated like an adult human being.”