Woman who watched boyfriend beat schoolgirl given suspended jail sentence
A WOMAN who stood and watched as her boyfriend repeatedly beat a schoolgirl “black and blue” was given a suspended jail sentence.
Regina Klochkova, 40, encouraged Remigijus Petrauskas as he hit the victim on her back and legs, with a rubber hose, for wearing make-up.
St Albans Crown Court heard on Friday the girl – who cannot be named for legal reasons – was made to get on her knees and apologise for being rude to Klochkova, who had challenged her about what she was wearing.
She suffered a foot-long bruise to her left thigh and bruising on the right side of her back, covering a large area.
Prosecutor George Heimler said the girl had been involved in an argument with Klochkova after wearing make-up on work experience from school at a chemist’s shop.
You may also want to watch:
The attack began after Petrauskas, who had been drinking, became involved and accused the girl of “disrespect.”
At an earlier hearing Petrauskas had pleaded guilty to causing the girl actual bodily harm on June 11 last year.
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
He also admitted cruelty to a person aged under 16 on the same occasion and was jailed for 18 months.
Klochkova, originally from Lithuania but now of Crouch Lane, Goffs Oak, pleaded guilty to child cruelty.
Andrew Kerry, defending, said Klochkova, who was aided in the dock by a Russian interpreter, was “extremely remorseful.”
Judge Andrew Bright QC told her: “Your partner beat her black and blue with a piece of rubber tubing and caused her shocking injuries.
“Standing by was unacceptable and amounted to cruelty.”
He passed a 51-week jail sentence suspended for 18 months with 18 months’ supervision.
Klochkova has to attend 40 days on a basic skills activity programme and must pay �1,500 costs.
The judge told Klochkova at Friday’s hearing: “The girl must be left alone to live her own life and be treated like an adult human being.”