Woman punched in face in Welwyn
A WOMAN was punched in the face by a man who had started to follow her.
The 24-year-old victim was walking along Canonsfield Road, in the Oaklands area, when a man wearing a hoodie began walking behind her.
When she stopped and turned to face him, she was hit in the face.
At this point, a passing man on a bike approached the victim to she if she was ok, and the offender ran off.
The woman sustained minor injuries in the attack, at 7.35am on Sunday, January 30.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses, and are especially keen for the cyclist to come forward.
Pc Tony Fletcher said: “I am appealing for the man who stopped to check the woman was ok to come forward.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
“I’d also be interested to speak to anyone who saw the incident or anyone who may recognise the offender from the description given.”
The attacker is described as white, of scruffy appearance, in his early 20s, with black hair and around 5ft 8ins tall.
He was wearing a dark blue hooded top, with black trousers and black trainers.
Call Pc Fletcher with information on 0845 33 00 222.