Woman punched in face in Welwyn
A WOMAN was punched in the face by a man who had started to follow her.
The 24-year-old victim was walking along Canonsfield Road, in the Oaklands area, when a man wearing a hoodie began walking behind her.
When she stopped and turned to face him, she was hit in the face.
At this point, a passing man on a bike approached the victim to she if she was ok, and the offender ran off.
The woman sustained minor injuries in the attack, at 7.35am on Sunday, January 30.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses, and are especially keen for the cyclist to come forward.
Pc Tony Fletcher said: “I am appealing for the man who stopped to check the woman was ok to come forward.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
“I’d also be interested to speak to anyone who saw the incident or anyone who may recognise the offender from the description given.”
The attacker is described as white, of scruffy appearance, in his early 20s, with black hair and around 5ft 8ins tall.
He was wearing a dark blue hooded top, with black trousers and black trainers.
Call Pc Fletcher with information on 0845 33 00 222.